Colin Chapman Museum & Education Centre
Click here to see the latest newsletter
The Colin Chapman Museum and Education Centre’s primary objectives are:
- Celebrating the industrial design and problem solving methodology of Colin Chapman.
- Creating a museum that interprets this work and uses our archives to advance education in engineering, training, work experience, equal opportunities and critical analysis.
- Explaining the London context in the development of post war motor racing and how it helped Lotus achieve success in F1.
- The current status is that the historic original Lotus factory buildings remain intact in Tottenham Lane , Hornsey N8.
- Planning permission has been granted.
- The museum archive will be used to support education at various levels.
- The museum proposes to support classic racing and to offer outreach services to many sections of the community.
- The museum is a not for profit community based charity.
Our vision is to be ranked with the finest heritage motor museums in the world that are dedicated to the importance and quality of design and engineering and the education in these disciplines for the interested public and the next generation.